Monday, March 30, 2015

A Solid Week

Hello Everyone,

This week was a solid week!! I had a lot more fun this week than I have in the past little while. On Wednesday, we had changes (transfers) and Elder Davis left the area. My new companion is named Elder Brandon Graves from Saint George, UT. He is super and excited to work which is the opposite attitude of my last comp.  Mission life is a lot more enjoyable when the companionships have the same motives and goals.

This past month we have been working a lot with a less active family with the last name of Aguayo.  On Monday, a cousin named Alex, from Buenos Aires, arrived to visit them for several months.  Alex is not a member and had never attended a church before but was raise with a Bible background.  I find him super awesome because he is actually willing to think.  I love it because not too many people are even willing to think enough to come up with an answer to questions. On Sunday, the whole family came to church !!!! including one of the boys named Jorge that had worked from 8 pm Saturday night to 7 am in the morning.  I was very feliz (happy) that everyone came.

Derlis and Sandra:  We are still working with them. Since that big fall with the alcohol it has been a slow recovery. Derlis, also, had started smoking and now is having a hard time stopping. Sandra now does not want to get married but that will come and not be such a problem.  We are working with them trying to help them understand how to receive a testimony of the Book of Mormon and of the Church and why it is so important that they do that.

Also, it was kind of fun this past week. Elder Graves and I met and taught a witch, which was interesting.  Metaphysics, I do not understand what it is, but there are weird things that happen.
More than ever, I know that God exists, that He loves us and that there is an opposition in all things and the need to rely on Jesus Christ is more important than anything else in the world. It is the only way to win.

I love you all!

Never quit reading your scriptures and pray frequently.

Love,
Elder Call

No comments:

Post a Comment