Monday, August 3, 2015

Same Area, New Companion

Dear Family and Friends:

Well, we received the news Tuesday that Elder Vega was headed out of Coronel Oviedo and that I would stay to continue the work here in this wonderful land.  So with that being said Elder Vega desired to visit and say thanks to all the great members here.  It was good.  He was a good missionary and the people enjoyed being around him.  Wednesday, I met up with an elder coming from Caaguazu and spent the time with him until my comp arrived.  My new comp is Elder Cifuentes from Colombia and has been a convert for 7 yrs.  He really is great and has a happy actitud (attitude) about everything.

 We have spent the week getting to know as many members as he can, so that he can have an idea of who lives in our area.  We ended up not being able to meet with Evelyn this week.

This week I have been reading in 3 Nephi and came across chapter 22 vrs. 13-17 and the servants of the Lord have a sweet blessing but there are many people who lose this faith/hope and begin to say stuff like Chpt.24 verses 13-18 (I think).  But yea, just remember the service given in the Kingdom of God does not go unblessed.

I love you all!
Elder Call

Oh and if you could, I would love to receive fotos (photos) of the progress of the temple every 2 weeks or so just to see how it is coming along.

3 Nephi 22
13 And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children.
14 In righteousness shalt thou be established; thou shalt be far from oppression for thou shalt not fear, and from terror for it shall not come near thee.
15 Behold, they shall surely gather together against thee, not by me; whosoever shall gather together against thee shall fall for thy sake.
16 Behold, I have created the smith that bloweth the coals in the fire, and that bringeth forth an instrument for his work; and I have created the waster to destroy.
17 No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall revile against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is of me, saith the Lord.

3 Nephi 24
13 Your words have been stout against me, saith the Lord. Yet ye say: What have we spoken against thee?
 14 Ye have said: It is vain to serve God, and what doth it profit that we have kept his ordinances and that we have walked mournfully before the Lord of Hosts?
 15 And now we call the proud happy; yea, they that work wickedness are set up; yea, they that tempt God are even delivered.
 16 Then they that feared the Lord spake often one to another, and the Lord hearkened and heard; and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the Lord, and that thought upon his name.
 17 And they shall be mine, saith the Lord of Hosts, in that day when I make up my jewels; and I will spare them as a man spareth his own son that serveth him.
 18 Then shall ye return and discern between the righteous and the wicked, between him that serveth God and him that serveth him not.

No comments:

Post a Comment