Monday, September 8, 2014

Finding, Teaching & Walking

Hola! Family and Friends,

We have spent the week finding and teaching and walking. Honestly, I think I thought missionary work would be more physically tasking than what I have experienced, but I guess it is just walking and it is really pretty flat.  Obrero is actually pretty much in Asuncion and it borders the river.  We live with two other missionaries in our pension, which they have explained is the worst pension in the mission.  I don’t think it is bad at all.  I think it helps that I kind of envisioned a much worse situation, so I am totally fine with it.

So far, all the food that I have been fed looks, smells, and tastes delicious.  People here don’t eat many vegetables which I miss. We don’t eat dinners, so I just eat a banana or two before bed.  There is nowhere enough time in the mission to do all the things that are necessary.  I have decided that I will only write in my journal every p-day because by the time we get back to the house and are ready for bed it is already after 10:30.  The members of the Branch are super cool and nice.  We are fed almost every single lunch and it is so hard to decide how much to eat without feeling guilty but also making sure they know that I really like it.  I still think I am gaining weight.

This Saturday I had my first experience working in the rain.  At first you try to keep your shoes dry and then it just doesn’t matter anymore.  Sergio has pretty much come to a stop because his only work is on Sunday.  Elder Woodfield has been out a year.

This work is amazing.  I love the help that I receive from the Lord.  I wish the language could come all at once but that is ok.  If we are patient with those around us and learn how to smile with every bad thing Satan puts in our path, we can come off conqueror when we put our trust in the Lord.

I love you all.  I don’t have time to write you all personally, but I do read your letters and thank you for your support.

Love,

Elder Call

No comments:

Post a Comment