Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Be Happy

Well Family and Friends:

What a crazy week!  It started out with divisions with the other elders in Posta ybycua, which was just fine.  I was with my last comp and also I could convince Javier, a teenager from Posta Leiva, to accompañarnos, which was a blessing in and of itself.  We had a great time visiting a couple of kids.

On Wednesday, we went and had a FHE with a family of recent converts, the Family Gomez, which, their lives are so sad.  They live in an 8 by 8 house, if you could call it that.  It was constructed by some Palm tree trunks and the walls are plastic bags.  I need to take a picture of it.  But they are awesome and had a friend there to teach, which was a pleasant surprise.

Thursday, we had divisions and I went and performed some interviews for baptism which were awesome.

Saturday we were able to teach the familia Flecha once again and Gloria is reading. Whew! some progress. We were debating on whether or not to drop her. But yes, little by little.

Sunday, it was still raining and almost no one came to church, but it was really good and the testimonies were strong.

My scripture for this week is D&C 88:74.  I love it and chose it because here it tells us what we need to clean, to permit Jesus to clean us, we have to lay everything on the table, so to speak, in the repentance process or we can’t be cleaned. We cannot try to hide anything.

I love you!  Thank you for your great support.  I love this Gospel.  It is true and WE CAN BE HAPPY IN EVERY SITUATION.

Love,
Elder Call

 D&C 88:74  “And I give unto you, who are the first laborers in this last kingdom, a commandment that you assemble yourselves together, and organize yourselves, and prepare yourselves, and sanctify yourselves; yea, purify your hearts, and cleanse your hands and your feet before me, that I may make you clean;”

No comments:

Post a Comment