Friday, July 25, 2014

First Week Done. It Was Sweeeet!!!

Hey Familia :
 
First week done. It was sweet!!!!!! At the SLC airport I met up with 4 elders headed for London and two to Argentina, Elder Bentley from South Jordan, UT and Elder McDermott from Draper, UT (Paraguay Asuncion Mission (PA)) and two Hermanas, Hermana Thorne, who says hello to you all and is from Syracuse, UT and Hermana Austin from Springville, UT (also going to PA). The flight over to Atlanta was very full, but I got an aisle seat so it wasn’t too awful.
 
In Atlanta, we met up with four more elders and one more sister; Elders Parmentor from St. George, UT who is my companion; Elder Hartvigsen from Surprise, AZ. Elder Henderson from Mesa. AZ; Elder Wilson from Atlanta, GA (also going to PA); Elder Udy is from Idaho Falls, Idaho; and Sister Coleman, from Mesa, AZ. The flight to Argentina was also very full and really wasn’t fun. Elder Rodgers didn’t look when his flight was so he got here a day late.
 
The Temple here is my favorite temple so far it is sooo sweet we get to go through every p day so I just got done going through it yes totally in Spanish, haha it was great. 
 
The CCM (MTC) Spanish style is sweet there are only 59 missionaries here with 6 districts.  My district has 12 in it, all from the USA. We room with Latinos which are the coolest kids ever I love them, they have so much patience and laugh at/with me all the time.
 
We taught our first IP (investigator person) totally in Spanish on Saturday which I had absolutely no idea as to what the person said at all, but thankfully my companion had taken lots of Spanish classes and knew what they were saying. It has really made me mad that I am the only one in the district that could not understand anything that had been said.  Oh well, I doubt I will ever have the same feelings again as on Sunday and Monday the IP lesson was much better and I could understand more and formulate my own sentences thanks to the power and mercy of the Lord. It is truly amazing how much you can learn in a week. 
 
My companion is Elder Parmentor-- he has a twin brother and he is like 6 foot 5, so I don’t pick on him. Haha
 
The food here is amazing minus breakfast which is cold cereal every day but the strawberry yogurt on the frosted flakes is quite good. The fruit juices are stinking good, especially the apple juice, but still not quite as good as the fresh pressed from Grandpa Call, but still good.
 
My teachers are Melerio and Pedersen who served missions in St. George. 
 
The bathrooms here have bidets which was an interesting experience.  There are 2 rooms of showers on Friday morning I went into the back room and none of the faucets ever got hot so I took a freeeeezing cold shower which was cold but come to find out the other room of showers would get hot.
 
So you know how we planned on me buying a bunch of stuff like that sweet marking pencil and what not here at the "convenient" store?  Well they don’t have one :( they only have a distribution center with garments and literature but that was all, no bueno, oh well, I have made it a week so far and I am still alive. 
 
Please pray for me that I might be blessed with the gift of tongues. I am glad work is still super busy and get out fishing for me!
 
I love you all and all is well here at the CCM.
 
Love, Elder Call

No comments:

Post a Comment